White shoes look lovely but are difficult to maintain. All of us love the pristine white façade of new shoes, but they get caked with dirt and mud with use. Even when we clean them, the stains remain to make them look old and dirty. It breaks our hearts to see our favorite white shoes ruined in such a way. However, simple tips and tricks can do wonders at times.
We have found out that two superb homely tips can turn your white shoes glamorously white again. These are the most valuable tips for cleaning white shoes, and once you learn the technique, you can always keep them in the best condition. Whether you have mud stains, grass stains, or even dirt, making your shoes look dull will restore them to their premium state.
Clean Your Shoes With Baking Soda:
Classic white shoes look amazing until you step out on the streets. Once you take a walk down the lawn or go out for a jog amidst the greens, they are ruined. You can clean and restore them initially, but after a few days, they lose their beauty. You may be wondering if there is a trick to turn them stunningly bright again. Well, yes, the answer lies in your home. Rather, the answer lies in your kitchen. Baking soda is the secret trick that can turn your shoes new and white again.
Follow this simple homely treatment with baking soda:
- Take a bowl and put in one tablespoon of baking soda.
- Take half a tablespoon of warm water and mix it with the soda.
- Make a thick paste using the water and baking soda.
- Take a brush or old toothbrush and apply the baking soda paste onto the stains on the shoes.
- If the entire shoe looks dull and dirty, apply the baking soda mixture onto the whole surface.
- Using the brush or old toothbrush, scrub the baking soda paste in circles on the surface of the shoes.
- Now let the baking soda sit on the shoes for about half an hour. Leave them aside.
- Once the soda paste is dry, use a wet sponge or rag to clean the shoes’ surface.
- Wash properly till the baking soda paste no longer remains on the surface of the shoes.
- The shoes should look clean and new by now. If some stains remain, repeat the procedure.
Usually, repeating this procedure once or twice can turn your shoes absolutely new. However, some stains like those of coffee or paint can be very stubborn. You may need to repeat the procedure a few times. To make the mixture stronger, you can mix Hydrogen Peroxide with the baking soda.
Another advantage of using baking soda for shoes is that it can deodorize them. Baking soda does kill not only the bad odor in your refrigerator but also the stench in your shoes. Baking soda well absorbs the odors inside the shoes and leaves them absolutely clean.
Therefore, it is the best solution to clean both the insides and the outsides of your white shoes. Pour in spoons of baking soda inside the shoes and leave them overnight to eat up the odors and bacteria. Overturn the shoes to throw out the baking soda the next day and find the boots new and fresh.
Read also: How To Stretch Synthetic Shoes
Clean Your Shoes With Toothpaste:
Another excellent simple trick that you can try at home is cleaning your white shoes with toothpaste. Toothpaste is beneficial if you have less time on your hands. It helps to easily cover small stains when you are in a hurry. All you need to do is take a little portion and rub it on the stains. But, if you have more time on your hands, toothpaste can help remove the stains from your shoes instead of just covering them up.
Here is all you need to do to clean your shoes using toothpaste:
- Take non-gel-based toothpaste to clean your shoes. Avoid colored toothpaste for this purpose as it can stain the white surface. You can go for the whitening toothpaste that claims to brighten your teeth.
- Use an old toothbrush and apply the toothpaste to the stains.
- Keep brushing in circular motions over the stains.
- Now leave the paste on the surface of the shoes for about 20 minutes.
- Dampen a towel or use a wet sponge to clean the dried toothpaste from the shoes’ surface.
- The stains should have disappeared by now. If not, repeat the procedure.
Sometimes, the key to all the solutions to your problems lies at home. Homely tricks are the best solutions that help you out in innumerable ways in your daily life. After all, from ants in your kitchen to stains on your shoes, the answer is just a step ahead in your kitchen.
3 thoughts on “[2 Easy Ways]How to clean white shoes with baking soda and toothpaste?”