Have you invested in work boots to keep your feet safe from injury? No doubt, safety is the top priority of workers of critical workers. But, you cannot compromise comfort while wearing your work boots. You need to put on your boots for long hours without hurting your feet. However, in due course, your feet can feel sweaty. Stinky and sweaty boots can give you discomfort. What most workers do is to take off the boots multiple times to prevent them from being wet. It is not the ultimate solution. The good news is that there are the best work boots for sweaty feet in the market available for you.
What work boots are good for sweaty feet?
- Danner Men’s Kinetic Side Zip GTX
- Irish Setter Crosby Nano Toe Boot
- KEEN Utility Men’s Lansing Work Boot
- Timberland Pro 72399 Titan
- ORISTACO Work Safety Steel Toe Boots
Reviewing the best work boots for sweaty feet:
1. Danner Men’s Kinetic Side Zip GTX– Best Work Boot for wide feet
- Material- Leather and textile
- Sole- Rubber
- Steel toe- No
Age, deformities, and several other reasons can be the reason for wide feet. However, workers with wide feet find it challenging to find the right work boots. We have found Danner Kinetic as the best pair of breathable work boots for wide feet. The width of the boots is available in different dimensions, and you can choose them based on your needs. Moreover, the Danner Kinetic series presents you with responsive and agile boots, and you can find these qualities in our chosen model.
- Comfort– Your wide feet can get the ultimate comfort due to the polyurethane footbeds of Danner Kinetic work boots. These boots are highly resistant to bending and wear and tear. Furthermore, your feet will not feel sweaty while working at your worksite for several hours. The use of GORE-TEX liners has made these boots breathable and waterproof. The technologically advanced liners prevent the water from getting inside your boots. Moreover, they work best to keep your feet dry and free from sweat. Due to the semi-locking side zipper, your wide feet can easily get in and get out of the boots. While taking off the shows, you can pull down the zipper.
- Performance– Danner Kinetic work boots have the best quality outsole with a low lug pattern. As you need traction and superior surface contact, this multidirectional outsole is a perfect choice. The lug outsole includes grooves providing you with a better grip. These boots are non-insulated models with a breathable lining. That is why you will get the desired feeling in the summer season. Overall, the design is lightweight, and you can drag around your wide feet with minimal effort.
- Durability– Danner Kinetic has designed ankle-high work boots made of full-grain leather and ripstop nylon upper. The combination of these materials has added durability. The strong nylon uppers have made these boots long-lasting. Although it is a pair of work boots, you can choose them for casual use. The Polyurethane midsole is also resistant to wear and tear. Moreover, the PU sole plays an important role in adding the shock absorption capacity to the boots. Like other work boots, Danner Kinetic includes a Nylon shank that prevents the footwear from losing its structural integrity.
Yvonne said, “It is my second pair of boots from Danner, and I truly love them. My first ones became wet and used to create a squeaking sound. However, the second choice is perfect. The boots were not narrow, and they fit properly to my feet. I have found no reason for discomfort.”
- Polyurethane footbed and midsole
- Rubber sole
- Nylon shank
- GORE-TEX liner
- Easy to zip up
- Rubber sole for good grip
- Highly comfortable
- Squeaking internally
2. Irish Setter Crosby Nano Toe Boot– Best waterproof breathable Pull-on work boot
- Material- 60% Leather, 40% Nylon
- Sole- Rubber
- Nano toe
Workers always look for footwear that can protect their feet from injuries, punctures, and electric hazards. That is why we have chosen these pull-on work boots. These boots will save you from potential risks. As there are no laces, you may not have the risk of tripping. Moreover, Irish Setter is known for designing high-quality work boots with perfection in every detail. Available in superb color, the branded work boots have grabbed the attention of workers in different industries.
- Comfort– The pull-on work boots are a perfect choice for hikers, hunters, fishermen, and other workers. Irish Setter has added the Ultra-dry waterproofing technology to the feet. The use of GORE-TEX waterproofing solution can make the boots long-lasting. It prevents water from passing through your boots. Gore-Tex is one of the breathable materials used for work boots. Thus, you can feel comfortable while wearing these pull-on boots in the summer season. Thinsulate Ultra insulation is another water-resistant insulation found in this pair of work boots. Finally, as the tongue is cushioned, you will not need to compromise comfort.
- Performance– Due to the durable pull-on design, you can choose this pair of work boots as safety footwear. You may easily slip your feet inside the pull-on work boots. As they have a water-resistant and oil-resistant design, you have minimal risks of slip and fall. Workers in the field of gardening, farming, and agriculture can choose pull-on footwear. As the boots are for workers, they include safety to prevent the impact of falling objects. Moreover, to make the boots stable, there is STABLEFLEX technology, which ensures the dual construction process.
- Durability– The work boots are a combination of full-grain leathers and nylon to add a high level of durability. The robust rubber sole is another noticeable feature, and it can protect your foot from burns. As the insole is removable, you can detach it anytime for your needs. The manufacturer has made the boots unique with ARMATEC technology. There is a protective covering to ensure abrasion resistance. The presence of this technology in high wear parts can make your shoes last longer.
Miss Patsy said, “The top part of the work boots fits nicely. Overall, the boots are not very big, although they are roomy. However, those who wear thick socks must choose a bigger size. The boots are much more comfortable and are better than other footwear that I have bought.
- Shaft 11″ from arch
- Heel- 1.5″
- Platform- 0.5 inches
- Boot opening- 12.75.”
- Welted heel
- Protective design
- High stability
- UltraDry construction
- Slightly narrow
3. KEEN Utility Men’s Lansing Work Boot– Best Work Boot for Restaurant Workers
- Material- 100% Textile
- Sole- Rubber
- Steel Toe- Yes
The restaurant workers always look for footwear that is slip-resistant and water-resistant. You can find both these qualities in Keen Utility’s work boots. The kitchen rooms of restaurants have greasy floors. That is why it is better to choose boots with a slip-resistant design. Moreover, you can buy this footwear as the best safety shoes for sweaty feet. While working for long hours in the restaurant or any kind of workplace, your feet will not feel sweaty.
- Comfort– While working in the kitchen for hours, your feet may feel sweaty. To keep your feet dry, KEEN Utility has added a mesh liner to the boot. You can choose this footwear as the best breathable meshwork boots. Moreover, the waterproof, breathable membrane included in the boots is the perfect choice for restaurant workers. KEEN Utility knows that the accumulation of sweat can cause odor, and you may not feel comfortable. That is why it uses probiotic-based technology, CLEANSPORT NXT, to break down odor from sweat.
- Performance– As a restaurant worker, you know that the kitchen floor is always greasy. To avoid the risk of falls and injuries, you can choose these slip-resistant boots with rubber outsoles. You will find better traction while moving around the kitchen. Another exciting feature is the sole lug pattern, which ensures a good grip on any surface. These boots have maintained ASTM F1677 standards and passed the non-slip tests. To ensure your safety, there are steel toes with an anatomically correct design.
- Durability– The rubber sole is not only comfortable but also durable. You will not feel the hardness while wearing the boots. The TPU shank is one of the noticeable features, as it ensures the long-term stability of the work boots. Moreover, the use of high-quality leather has made these boots highly reliable for users. The medium-duty boots are also best for workers in the transportation, construction, and landscaping industries.
An Amazon customer said, “I have been using these boots for more than 4 months. Shoveling rock, pavements, and muds have not damaged these work boots. Cheap boots feel hard on my feet. However, I have not found this issue with KEEN’s boots. I have the asymmetrical design of the boots.
- Shaft dimension- 5.5″ from arch
- Boot opening- Around 12″
- Lug sole patterns
- CLEANSPORT NXT
- Breathable membrane liner
- TPU stability shank
- Natural odor protection
- Need better lace eyelets
4. Timberland Pro 72399 Titan– Best work boots for women with Sweaty Feet
- Material- 100% Leather
- Sole- Synthetic
- Steel Toe- Yes
Nowadays, almost every industry has some female workers whose responsibilities are not different from their male counterparts. Women workers need to stand on hard concrete and rough surfaces for several hours. It makes their feet feel stressed and sometimes sweaty. Thinking of their comfort, we have reviewed Timberland Pro 72399. We have not overlooked the breathability of the overall boot design. Based on our analysis and customer reviews, we have found this pair as the best safety shoes for sweaty feet of women. However, hikers and other professionals also may use the boots. You can wear this steel toe work boot to prevent hurting your feet.
- Comfort– Timberland has paid attention to every detail to make wearers feel the ultimate comfort. The polyurethane midsoles can absorb the shock put by the surface on your knees. That is why your joints and knees will not feel discomfort while wearing these boots. One of the unique traits of the work boots is that they have contoured open-cell PU footbeds. The cushioned footbeds are capable of regulating the temperature, and thus, your foot will feel good. Moreover, to make the women’s boots breathable, Timberland has added antimicrobial mesh comfort lining. It will keep your feet dry throughout the day.
- Performance– As safety footwear, Timberland work boots ensure protection to your toes from heavy objects. You will have no risk of getting injured due to the fallen objects. There are safety toe caps integrated into work boots to create a strong barrier against fallen objects. Moreover, some women workers need to work in risky zones that can cause hazards due to the electric wires. But, the electrical hazard protection of these women’s work boots prevents the accidental electric shock to your feet. Furthermore, the outsoles of these women’s work boots are made of dual-density rubber for better traction.
- Durability– The premium quality leather has added value to the breathable work boots for women. The authentically sourced leather used for the boots can remain undamaged while interacting with abrasive substances. At the construction site and any other work sites, these boots are a perfect choice. However, you do not need to compromise style with these work boots. The polished, black footwear can look best with almost any outfit.
An Amazon customer said, “At first, I tried to overlook these boots because I was not a fan of the clunky design. However, fortunately, I have reconsidered my decision. The floor at my worksite is wet. Still, I have not slipped, as I have worn these boots. The boots snugly fit my feet. I like to thank Timberland for designing these boots.”
- 6″ full grain Titan leather
- Mesh comfort lining
- Polyurethane midsole
- Heel insert
- Contoured PU footbed
- Regulate temperature
- High torsional rigidity
- Abrasion-resistant and oil-resistant
- Perfect fit
- Not best with thick socks
5. ORISTACO Work Safety Steel Toe Boots– Best work boot for light industrial works
- Material- Synthetic
- Sole- Rubber
- Steel toe- Yes
Workers in the manufacturing, food processing, and transport industry need to do light industrial works. Still, they should not wear ordinary boots at the worksite. There are work boots designed for these workers. Available in black and grey shades, these boots have not compromised the style. Moreover, the lace design, sole, and other details have made these boots different from other footwear. In terms of comfort, fitting, and other vital parameters, these boots can win everyone’s attention.
- Comfort– The lightweight design with a secure fit is the primary reason for feeling comfortable. The classic lace-up design ensures that you can easily put on the boots. There is also a special lining to keep your feet fresh and free from sweat. However, these boots also feel best during the winter season. Due to the knitted upper, you will find a perfect fit with the boots. The presence of a memory foam insole can prevent your foot pain while you are standing continuously throughout the day.
- Performance– Although you deal with light industrial works, you must not overlook safety. These Oristaco work boots have safety steel toes to ensure a puncture-proof design. The anti-smashing steel toes combined with a high-quality heel have made these work boots perfect for safety footwear. Moreover, the slip-resistant sole is one of the protective features of the boots. You will not face slip and fall hazards with this pair of shoes.
- Durability– The boots are not only comfortable but also durable. You can wear them regularly without any concern about damages. Every part is properly stitched to ensure that there will be no wear and tear.
Steven Soto said, “I was looking for ways on how to keep sweaty feet dry in work boots. However, finally, these boots have removed my concerns. The comfort and style have amazed me. However, the bottom quality needs to be better.”
- Steel Toe Cap
- Breathable uppers
- Memory foam insole
- Moisture-wicking Fabric
- Bottom quality- Not good
Guide to buying the best work boots for sweaty feet
Materials used for work boots for your sweaty feet
The term- breathability refers to the capabilities of the material of diffusing the moisture away from your boot. However, leather and other materials have different degrees of breathability. Polyester is more breathable compared to leather. Moreover, work boots should have a breathable mesh lining. Advanced boot designs have breathable fabrics with moisture-wicking capacity.
Although the commonly chosen work boots are made of leather, they feature some synthetic material. The lightweight synthetic fabric is best for ultimate comfort and high breathability. Some boots also have synthetic welts properly molded to the lower and upper soles. The overall construction adds durability to your boots.
Your work boots must have a high amount of stability based on their construction. Improperly designed work boots will not ensure stability. Ultimately, it can result in wear and tear of your boots.
On the contrary, well-crafted work boots last for years and provide you with the optimal level of stability. You can do your tasks comfortably in hazardous environments. But, the overall weight and performance of your work boots can make a difference in the stability.
One of the important factors for buying work boots is the break-in period. The breaking-in process is the act of wearing your new boots to mold to your feet. It softens your boot materials without rubbing your feet.
Reliable work boots have a comfortable break-in period. Moreover, the padding, inner lining, and insoles can make a difference to the design. They let the boots fit straight to your feet.
The break-in period may be different for work boots. You have to check reviews before buying the boots.
Soles of work boots
Soles are essential to ensure comfort and safety at your workplace. Without the proper soles, you have a risk of slip and electric hazards. Be careful of the outsole materials while buying your breathable work boots for sweaty feet. The commonly used materials for soles are-
Work boots with a rubber base are highly resistant to slip, oil, and abrasion. While working in the construction and manufacturing sectors, you need to use these boots. Moreover, rubber outsoles also make your performance better at the worksite that has rugged terrain. Another advantage of the rubber outsole provides a good grip on both dry and wet surfaces. Nowadays, some brands use proprietary rubbers to make work boots safer for users.
Designed with Thermo Polyurethane, TPU outsoles can be the long-wearing option for your work boots. In most cases, high-quality safety footwear has TPU outsoles resistant to oil, chemical, and abrasions. Constructors like to choose boots with TPU outsoles, as they ensure comfort and a lightweight design.
To ensure a stable grip, the midsole of the boot is highly important. The lightweight Ethylene Vinyl Acetate midsole is preferable. It has a foamy material for cushioning your feet. Furthermore, the EVA midsole will make your feet comfortable while standing at the worksite for long hours.
Goodyear Welt Construction
You can find this outsole design in KEEN Utility’s products. This construction makes your work boots perfect for safety footwear. In this unique construction, the inner and upper soles are properly stitched together. The welt construction makes the boot long-lasting. Moreover, you may re-sole the boot at any time.
Thus, there are several outsole designs and materials for work boot buyers.
The advanced technology used for breathable work boots-
Nowadays, manufacturers use better quality materials to ensure comfort to your feet and prevent foot-related issues.
It is a special fabric to keep your feet dry. The unique Gore-Tex membrane relies on the latest technology to wick away your feet’ moisture.
Primaloft, Smartwool, and Thermolite are some special materials to protect your feet in any environment.
However, fabrics like Ethyl-Vinyl-Acetate and thermoplastic polyurethane are also effective in providing you with comfort and breathability.
The water-resistant and waterproof boots keep your feet highly comfortable in wet conditions. Also, premium leather and waterproof soles are two major traits of modern work boots. The properly treated boots can easily pacify water from the surface. Some manufacturers apply a special seam sealing table to build a barrier. That is why water cannot pass through the stitch holes and get into your boots.
Workers who need to work in a wet environment and muddle places must choose these waterproof boots. However, the water resistance capacity can vary with the type of leather used for the boots. For instance, the full-grain leather of work boots is more resistant compared to soft Nubuck leather footwear.
Work boots designed for different works must have safety certifications. ASTM F2413 is the most commonly chosen footwear safety certification standard.
Can the boots save you from hazards?
Protection from fallen objects- Work boots must have steel toes to let you work safely in different environments. They can prevent injuries to your boots.
Protection from punctures- You have a chance of stepping on sharp objects. The heavy-duty soles have to protect your feet with a puncture-resistant design. These soles are made of thick materials. Soft-soled footwear cannot save your feet from injury.
Protection from cutting hazards- Industrial machinery with sharp blades and moving parts may cause cutting risks. For instance, some workers face risks from chainsaws, and the result can be catastrophic. Thus, your work boots have to be designed with cut-resistant materials.
Prevent burns– Some workers need to protect their feet from the effect of harmful chemicals. They have to choose footwear resistant to chemicals and acids. Any dangerous substance cannot injure their skin due to the use of protective footwear.
Protection from weather elements– You may need to work at outdoor sites and deal with different weather elements. Choosing the right footwear is vital to keep away from the effects of harsh weather elements.
Safety is highly important for work boots. Make sure that your chosen boots have these safety features. These innovative features will protect you from injuries.
Some workers look for heavy-duty work boots, as they think them to be durable and long-lasting. However, these boots are bulky and prevent you from moving your feet freely. You feel burdensomely uncomfortable to wear these boots throughout the day. The most reputable footwear brands do not compromise durability while maintaining the right weight of the boots. You can read our review to find the lightest work boots for your purchase. Quality work boots also save you from harsh elements and potential risks at the worksite.
Workboot shaft- Measuring the boot height
It is essential to measure the height of your work boots. The standard heights can range from 6 inches to 14 inches. However, based on your occupations, you need to decide on the boot height to feel safe. You must also know the way of measuring your boot shaft to ensure that your feet and leg are protected.
Use tape to have the correct measurements. Your measurement starts from the part above your boot sole. While measuring the shaft, you must not include the heel height. You need to measure the part joining the sole and the shaft. The shaft height makes a difference to the level of protection you get from your work boot.
The tall work boots are best for ensuring protection. However, some wearers feel discomfort with these boots. On the contrary, shorter work boots look like normal shoes that remain under your ankle bone. But, they can protect you with waterproof features, safety toes, and electrical safety ratings. Low-profile breathable work boots are effective in reducing your sweat. In the case of the high-shaft models, the air travels and leaves your feet trapped with the hot air. The shallow shaft causes better air circulation, and your feet will be dry.
Lots of workers feel that mid-height work boots are the perfect match for them.
The most popular shaft heights are 6 inches and 8 inches.
8-inch vs 6-inch boots
Benefits of 6-inch boots
- Not bulky in design
- Faster lacing
- Less restrictive
- More breathable
- Relieve pressure on your bone
- Trendy design- Best for casual purpose
- Contractors, engineers, woodworkers, and electricians like to wear 6-inch boots.
Benefits of 8-inch boots
- Better security and better coverage
- More comfortable, according to some users
- Better protection against weather elements
- Workers in the field of roofing, farming, plumbing, military, and hunting can prefer these 8-inch boots.
Who should buy breathable work boots?
Especially, workers in the construction industry must buy these boots, as they need to stand on their feet for long hours. They have to use breathable, odorless work boots regularly. However, these boots are essential to any worker whose feet feel stressed due to continuous standing and walking. Work boots let your feet breathe properly to prevent sweating.
Does sweat damage my work boots?
Yes. Regular sweating of your feet can damage your work boots. It is common for everyone to sweat a little. Glands on your feet can sweat more when you need to work throughout the day. Thus, ordinary boots without breathability may not last longer due to your sweat. Sweating can cause the insoles to wear down very fast. Moreover, leather boots may get warped. As your boots constantly remain wet, they will lose their original shape. That is why you can look for the best work boots for sweaty feet.
Why should you use breathable work boots?
During the summer season, you must keep your feet free from sweat. It is normal for your skin to produce sweat. However, the accumulation of sweat can affect your feet’ health. Without breathable boots, your sweaty feet will become stinky. Your feet’ skin will become hard, and you will find cracks on your skin. Moreover, wet parts of your feet will result in fungal growth. Your fungal feet will emit a lousy odor, and you may feel itchy. You can start scratching, which causes blisters and chafing. To prevent these problems, you can invest in breathable boots.
How will I keep my feet dry while wearing work boots?
The most crucial step is to purchase a pair of breathable work boots. However, there are some other tips on how to keep sweaty feet dry in work boots.
- Maintain cleanliness of your feet– You must make a habit of cleaning your feet once a day. It will help in controlling sweat. You may also scrub your feet with antibacterial soap and warm water.
- Ensure that your boots are weather-friendly– Insulated boots are best for the winter season. However, you can avoid them during summer. Choose boots that you can wear throughout the year.
- Use inserts- To prevent embarrassing slips, you can use boot inserts. These inserts work best in absorbing the moisture in your feet. Your feet will stay dry for long hours.
- Put on the right pair of socks– Socks you wear at the worksite can be a barrier between your boots’ interior side and feet. You may use socks that have a high absorbency rate. Cotton socks with antimicrobial lining are a perfect choice. They also prevent blister formation on your skin.
- Dry your work boots every night– You can use a boot dryer that evaporates your sweat and prevents the growth of bacteria. You can minimize perspiration and feel comfortable at your worksite.
- Use foot powder– While working continuously at the worksite, you can take a break and apply some foot powder. Sprinkle some powder on both your insoles. Your feet will stay cool throughout the year.
- Try out different footwear– Normal footwear may not be suitable for you. That is why you can replace it with a pair of work boots. Synthetic materials have higher breathability.
Should my work boots be too tight?
You must feel that your work boots feel snug. However, they must not be very tight. Similarly, your boots’ interiors must not be too spacious. You may take advantage of your boots’ laces to ensure a good fit in your ankle.
How should I fit my pull-on boots?
- While buying the breathable meshwork boots with a pull-on design, you have to be highly careful about the sizes, as they are not adjustable easily.
- Do not put much force to put your feet into the boot.
- Feel a slight slip at your heel
- Make sure that you can wiggle your toes.
- You must not need much effort to pull your feet out of your work boots.
It is now easy for you to decide on the best work boots for your sweaty feet. We have also guided you on how to stop sweaty feet in boots. We have reviewed the quality boots that have superb ventilation and breathability. Moreover, our list includes the highly-rated boots that have gained positive responses from several customers. Available in a range of prices, colors, and styles, these boots can serve everyone’s needs. We have taken time to find the best 5 picks that include work boots for both men and women. Reputable brands have used the latest technologies to design these work boots. The gorgeous and polished finish makes these boots attractive.